Post Tagged with: "culture"

Dragon Boat Festival and Travel In China

Dragon Boat Festival and Travel In China

Dragon Boat Festival or Dan Wu Jie 端午节 Introduction The Dragon Boat festival is a traditional festival falling on the 5th day of the 5th month of China’s lunar calendar and has been celebrated in China for over 2000 years. It has only been recognized as a public holiday in mainland China since 2008. The

China’s Ethnic Minorities

China’s Ethnic Minorities

China is a large country with an incredible diversity in climate, terrain, weather and especially in people. China has 56 officially recognized ethnic groups and a large number of unofficial ethnic groups. Of these 56 groups, the largest group is the Han Chinese who makeup 91.51% of China’s population and the remaining 8.49% are China’s

Ten Unwritten Rules for Travel In China

Ten Unwritten Rules for Travel In China

Rules such as double checking your China visa, having travel insurance and having a practical budget you can stick to are all pretty obvious.  There are other less formal and obvious but no less important rules that can make a big difference to your travel in China. These rules are the unwritten rules of travel

Why do Chinese celebrate Chinese New Year with Fireworks?

Why do Chinese celebrate Chinese New Year with Fireworks?

For Fun Partly due to tradition but mostly because playing with fireworks during the New Year celebration is a lot of fun. Admit it or not, there is a big kid in all of us that just loves playing with fire and making things go bang. New Year in China is the time when that

East Vs West – A guide to Chinese Culture

East Vs West – A guide to Chinese Culture

In so many ways Chinese culture is very different from western culture and these differences can vary from being very obvious to so subtle you barely notice. These cultural differences are a part of the incredible appeal of travel in China and they can often leave you bewildered, confused and angry if you don’t understand

Beijing Travel – 798 Art Zone

Beijing Travel – 798 Art Zone

What is the 798 Art Zone? 798 is a thriving and vibrant art and fashion district in Beijing set up in an abandoned military factory complex. 798 hosts galleries, shows and exhibitions from China’s leading artistic personalities and is China’s cutting edge art movement. 798 is the Chinese equivalent of Greenwich Village and SoHo and

Top China Travel Movies, Books & TV Series

Top China Travel Movies, Books & TV Series

Books, movies and TV series are a great way to learn more about a culture and understand people, their customs and their way of life. They are also a lot of fun and great when you are stuck in airports, on long train/bus trips or having a quiet night at home or in your hotel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...